Released On 9th Mar 2023
New job vacancy at Ham Hill
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Countryside Ranger to join the team at Ham Hill on a 3 year fixed term contract to work on an exciting National Lottery Heritage Fund project. Apply now and become a valued member of the Countryside team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Job Title: Assistant Countryside Ranger (Fixed term for 3 years)
Salary: £24,496 – £27,852
Hours: 37 per week, some evening & weekend work may be required
From 1st April 2023 the County and District councils in Somerset will be replaced by a new single unitary authority – Somerset Council. It’s an exciting time to join us as we work together to deliver the new council for Somerset. Should you join us from the 1st April 2023, your terms and conditions will be from the new Somerset Council.
What you can expect from us…
- We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset.
- We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including agile working.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
What we’re looking for…
- Someone with a passion for working in the countryside and conservation sector
- Strong practical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working on a similar site
- Strong customer communication skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
Please contact Rachael Whaites, Countryside Manager on 07949 482956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd March 2023, 5pm
For more information including the job description and how to apply please click on the link below