King Alfred's Tower (National Trust)
Enjoy a stroll in Sparkford Woods around King Alfed's Tower.
King Alfred’s Tower is a 160ft (49m) high folly, designed by Henry Flitcroft for Henry Hoare II in 1772. It is believed to mark the site where King Alfred the Great rallied his troops in 878. The tower commemorates the accession of George III to the throne in 1760 and the end of the Seven Years War.
Parking at National Trust Car Park or Stourhead Estate Car Park.
National Grid Reference: ST749354
- Parking On-Site
- Family friendly
- Dogs Welcome
- Free Entry
- Open All Year